30 DAY EXCHANGE POLICY
Your new Honda Approved Used Car has been subject to a rigorous Multi Point Pre Sales check to give you the assurance that you are purchasing an unrivalled quality car.
We undertake that, should any mechanical or electrical defect occur within the first 30 days or 1000 miles of your ownership which cannot be rectified, and providing that the car is in the same condition as when purchased then your supplying Dealer, will exchange it for another of equivalent or greater value.
There are a number of terms and conditions that must be met in order for the exchange plan to be valid:
- The car must have been purchased under the Honda Approved Used Car Programme.
- The "Dealer" means an Authorised Honda Dealer
- The definition of "Customer" means any private individual who has purchased a Car from an Authorised Honda Dealer.
- "Exchange Car" means the Car that has been supplied to you the Customer in exchange for the Car you originally bought.
- Subject to the following terms, any Honda Approved Used Car purchased from a Honda Franchised Dealer with Honda Approved Used status that develops a mechanical or electrical fault within 30 days or 1000 miles (whichever is soonest) of the delivery date, may be exchanged for another Honda Approved Used Car (the Replacement Car) from the original supplying Dealer, provided that:
- The Honda Approved Used Car has developed a fault (being a mechanical fault or defect in materials or workmanship on the car) and such fault is apparent to the Dealer (acting reasonably);
- The Approved Used Car is returned to the supplying Dealer within 30 days of the delivery date;
- The Dealer is satisfied that the Customer is a private buyer (and not a trade buyer or otherwise);
- The Dealer is satisfied that the Honda Approved Used Car is in the same condition, save for the presence of the fault and fair wear and tear, as at the time of delivery to the Customer;
- The Dealer is satisfied that the Customer owns the Honda Approved Used Car and is fully entitled to exchange it under this Exchange Plan.
- The Customer may choose any other Honda Approved Used Car as the Replacement Car, provided that:
- It is of an equal or higher price to the original invoice price of the Approved Used Car, and;
- It is readily available from the same Dealer’s stock.
- Before any exchange is affected under this Exchange Plan, the Customer shall be responsible for making all the necessary arrangements relating to the financing arrangements for the purchase of the original Approved Used Car and the Replacement Car. Any exchange shall be subject to the Dealer being satisfied with such arrangements. Namely, if the original Honda Approved Used Car is subject to a Hire Purchase Plan, a new Finance Plan for the replacement Car must be completed and the relevant deposits paid by the Customer.
- Where the Customer wishes to exchange a Honda Approved Used Car for a Replacement Car with a higher price, the exchange will not take place until the Customer has paid the Dealer the price difference.
- The Customer will be solely responsible for additional costs incurred in the exchange for licensing or insurance. Any such costs must be paid for in full prior to completion of the exchange.
- This Exchange Plan only applies to the Honda Approved Used Car as detailed above. Only one exchange will be considered and this Exchange Plan shall not apply to any Replacement Car.
This Exchange Plan does not affect any of the Customer’s statutory rights.