The very first Super Cub C100 was introduced in 1958, Honda’s 10th year of existence. Designed by Soichiro Honda and his long-time business partner Takeo Fujisawa, its stated aim was straightforward: ‘to provide the joy of playing a useful part in people’s lives’.
Nearly 60 years later, in 2017, the 100 millionth Super Cub was built, cementing its status as the most popular motor vehicle the world has ever seen. Along the way the Super Cub’s simple attributes of unique styling, reliability, frugality and sheer usability have never gone out of fashion. And it has quietly achieved exactly what Soichiro and Takeo wanted: to get people mobile and keep them mobile.
Honda unveiled the Super Cub 125 in 2018 as a modern evolution of the legendary name, marking a new chapter in its long history.
For the 2022 year model, the Super Cub 125 receives further advances for its European audience. The timeless look is unchanged, but a brand-new EURO5-compliant engine and the eagerly anticipated return of the pillion seat, alongside a host of improvements drive it forward.
Retailing at £3,499
• Evocative styling unchanged; pillion pad and footpegs now standard-fit
• Completely new engine is smoother, more powerful and more efficient
• Revised ECU settings, intake and exhaust for EURO5 compliance
• Alternating Current Generator (ACG) gains uprated output
• New springs for fork and rear shock absorbers improve ride quality
• As before, all lighting is LED and Smart Key operation comes as standard
The new model will now come in Axis Grey Metallic.