John Banks Group 14-day money back guarantee
Below is a summary of our guarantee,
- The purchase will have been made using our online portal
- A Reservation fee will have been submitted through our website, johnbanks.co.uk
- Payment will have been made by card or BACS transfer
- Collection will have been via our Click & Collect Service
To make your transaction with us as transparent as possible we are outlining our Online terms for trading , all our Returns information applies to vehicles purchased using our Click & Collect procedure and not in relation to our face to face discussion in any of our dealerships.
You can return the car, van or motorcycle to us within 14 days from the day after the delivery date without giving us any reason. Please note, you mustn’t use the car after telling us you’re cancelling the agreement and you must keep it in good condition from the day it was delivered.
Conditions to using the guarantee
If you paid for the car in full, please make a note of the following:
- If you paid by Visa, Mastercard debit or credit card, we’ll repay the purchase price back on to that card – the same one you paid with.
- You mustn’t drive the car more than 50 miles from when it was delivered
- The car needs to be in the same tip-top condition as when it was delivered
- You’ll need to return the car’s V5 log book to us by recorded delivery (at your own cost)
- We will retain £500 until the V5 log book is returned to us.
If you paid for the car using a Finance provider through John Banks Group, please make a note of the following:
- You mustn’t drive the vehicle more than 50 miles from when it was delivered
- You mustn’t have made any alterations or modifications to the car whatsoever
- The vehilce needs to be in the same tip-top condition as when it was delivered (except for fair wear and tear)
- The vehicle mustn’t have any charges or claims from any third party against it (including a finance provider)
- You’ll need to return the car’s V5 log book to us by recorded delivery (out of your own pocket, sorry)
- You will need to return the vehicle to us (at your cost or at a charge of £1 per mile )
Please find the Suzuki 14 Day Return Policy for Full Customer Terms and Conditions:
SUZUKI GB PLC
Steinbeck Crescent, Snelshall West, Milton Keynes, Bucks MK4 4AE
Suzuki 14-Day Return Policy Full Customer Terms & Conditions
Section 1: 14-Day Return Guarantee
• Suzuki GB provides you with a return guarantee from the date of registration of the car for a
period of 14 days. This return guarantee is additional to and does not in any way limit or
exclude any statutory cancellation rights you may have as a consumer or any right of
withdrawal you are entitled to where you are a finance customer.
• The car must be returned to the original selling dealer no later than 14 days following the day
of first registration. The 14-day period starts on the day after the day of first registration. By
way of example, for a car registered on Saturday 3 April, the car must be returned before the
selling dealer closes the showroom on Saturday 17 April.
• If you decide to return the car, we ask that you give your dealer as much notice as possible.
Ideally, please notify your dealer at least 24 hours prior to returning the vehicle.
• Open to UK residents aged 18 or over purchasing a new Suzuki car in their personal capacity.
• Offer applies to cars registered between 1
st April and 30th June 2021.
• Offer applies to cars purchased in person, by telephone or online from a participating Suzuki
dealership either in cash or with Suzuki Financial Services, and is available only to the person
who purchases the car from the selling dealer.
• The offer is available in relation to cars registered as ‘Private’ and ‘Private–Disabled’. Business
customers, and cars funded through Suzuki Personal Contract Hire (PCH) or any 3rd party
leasing provider, and through Motability are excluded.
• You may only return a vehicle under our return guarantee once in any 3 month period. This
does not in any way limit or exclude any statutory cancellation rights you may have as a
consumer or any right of withdrawal you are entitled to where you are a finance customer.
• If the car was purchased in cash, the selling dealer will refund you in full minus any delivery
fee. If the car was to be purchased through Suzuki Financial Services the selling dealer will
refund to Suzuki Financial Services the amount it paid for the car and any additional extras and
you must pay any delivery fee directly to the selling dealer. The dealer will not return to you, or
reimburse you for the cost of, any fuel left in the vehicle on its return.
• If there are any additional extras such as gap insurance that have been funded as part of your
new purchase with Suzuki Financial Services, the selling dealer will cancel these on your
• If there is any negative equity (shortfall on the part-exchange vehicle) that has been funded as
part of your new purchase with Suzuki Financial Services you will need to pay the amount of
the negative equity to the selling dealer as part of the agreement to return the car.
Page 2 of 3
Suzuki 14-Day Return Policy Full Customer Terms & Conditions – April 2021
• Car must be returned to the selling dealer and not to any other Suzuki dealer or location. You
must return the car to the selling dealer at your own cost and before the relevant deadline.
• If you wish to have the selling dealer collect the car from your home address, the selling dealer
may agree to this in their sole discretion, in which case you must arrange the collection at
least 1 working day in advance of the collection date. The selling dealer will inform you of the
collection fee in advance. If the car was purchased in cash, the collection fee will be deducted
from the refunded amount. If the car was to be purchased through Suzuki Financial Services,
you must pay any collection fee directly to the selling dealer. You must be available to hand
over the keys to the selling dealer at the agreed time and location. Only one attempt to collect
the car will be made. If the selling dealer declines to collect the car, or the collection cannot
take place for any reason, you must return the car to the selling dealer before the deadline.
• A mileage limit of 400 miles applies to returned cars. An excess mileage charge of £1.00 per
mile will be applied for any cars returned with over 400 miles. If the car was purchased in cash,
the excess mileage charges will be deducted from the refunded amount. If the car was to be
purchased through Suzuki Financial Services, you must pay the excess mileage charges directly
to the selling dealer.
• You are fully responsible to insure the car with fully comprehensive insurance from the day of
handover and any cars that have not been insured in this way will not be accepted for return.
• Returns where the vehicle has been modified, damaged, soiled, altered from its original
condition on delivery, or is subject to an insurance claim, cannot be accepted.
• You must not use the car as collateral for any loan or other third-party arrangement or accept
or allow any lien or third-party interest over the car. Doing so invalidates this offer.
• Taking the car outside the UK also invalidates this offer.
• You must pay and accept sole responsibility for any third-party costs, fees, charges and
penalties incurred, including (without limitation) in relation to any outstanding motoring
offences, parking tickets, fines, congestion and other charges, incurred during the period you
are in possession of the car.
• Where a car is returned and the selling dealer cannot provide a suitable alternative car as a
replacement, or you do not want an alternative, if the car was purchased in cash the price paid
for the car (excluding delivery charges and any other applicable deductions as outlined above)
will be returned by exactly the method as it was originally paid. If the car was to be purchased
through Suzuki Financial Services, the selling dealer will refund to Suzuki Financial Services the
amount it paid for the car and any additional extras and you must pay any delivery charge and
any other applicable deductions as outlined above directly to the selling dealer.
• You must return the car’s V5C (Log Book) to us when you return the car. You must also return
all keys, manuals and other accessories or loose items that were supplied to you with the car
or otherwise in connection with the original purchase.
• If a vehicle was part exchanged as part of the new car purchase it will not be returned. Instead,
the selling dealer will reimburse the part exchange value stated on the purchase invoice. The
selling dealer may elect to return the vehicle if it is practical to do so –but this is entirely within
the selling dealer’s sole discretion and it should be assumed that the part-exchanged vehicle
will not be returned to you.
Page 3 of 3
Suzuki 14-Day Return Policy Full Customer Terms & Conditions – April 2021
Section 2: Your Right of Withdrawal: where you have entered into a finance agreement to pay for the
• If you have entered into a finance agreement to pay for the car you have a right to change
your mind and withdraw from the finance agreement under s66A of the Consumer Credit Act
1974 without giving any reason. The exact terms of the right to withdraw will be set out in the
finance agreement itself. If you exercise the right, it will bring the finance agreement with
Suzuki Financial Services to an end. It does not automatically mean that you can pull out of
buying the car but Suzuki GB will allow you to exercise the 14-Day Return option on the terms
set out in section 1.
• If you wish to withdraw just from the finance agreement and keep the car you must tell Suzuki
Financial Services by calling them or writing to them on the contact details provided in the
finance agreement. You must then pay Suzuki Financial Services the amount payable by you
on your withdrawal from the finance agreement as explained in the finance agreement.
• If you wish to withdraw from the finance agreement and exercise the 14-Day Return option you
must ensure that you follow the procedures for return of the car within the returns period as
set out in section 1 above. On return of the car the selling dealer will return to Suzuki Financial
Services the amount it paid for the car and any additional extras.
• If you fail to return the car within the 14 day period you will not be able to benefit from the 14-
Day Return option set out in section 1 but you will remain liable to pay Suzuki Financial
Services the amount payable by you on your withdrawal from the finance agreement as
explained in the finance agreement.